If you often work with a large database, it might be a mass when you have to manage all of them. You can either do it manually or automatically with specialized software named DbSchema. DbSchema is a diagram-oriented database Windows PC software compatible with all relational and many No-SQL databases, like MySql, Cassandra, PostgreSql, MongoDb schema visualization, Redshift, SqlServer, Azure, Oracle, Teradata, and more.
DbSchema Features Review:
Import database schemas
- Load JDBC driver
- Connect to any JDBC compatible database. Several DBMS have already been tested, but more will be added later.
- Currently tested DBMS include: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 for Windows/Linux, Cache, DaffodilDB, FrontBase, HSQLDB, Informix, JavaDB/Derby, Microsoft SQL Server, Mimer,
- Pervasive, PointBase, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Sybase ASE.
- Schema import includes tables, views, foreign keys, procedures, triggers, sequences and comments.
Edit database schema
- Uses an abstraction level between internal database schema representation and any particular database.
- Edit tables, columns, indexes, foreign keys, procedures, triggers, sequences, and comments.
- Edit your schemas Graphically using Layouts, including tables, views, foreign keys, etc…
- Create and use multiple Layouts inside a project.
- Drag, pan and zoom Layouts using simple mouse movements.
- Supports Drag and Drop from project tree to graphical Layout.
- Highlight Foreign Keys for a given table, which triggers on delete events.
- Generate SQL statements directly from the schema graphical Layout.
- Generate schema scripts to any particular database.
- Change schema data types from one database to another.
- Edit schema offline support.
Browse database data
- Browse data from multiple tables simultaneously.
- Set filters over browse data.
- Order browse data on one or more columns.
- Unlimited browse depth.
- Paginates browse data.
- Single or multiple record views.
- Insert, update, and delete records.
- View Large Objects (LOBs) fields as image, HTML, text or using an external application.
- Saves browse sessions in the project file, which can later be browsed again.
Edit and execute SQL
- Edit SQL statements.
- Syntax highlight covering database keywords, functions, table and view names.
- Auto-completion of table, view and column names.
- Quick Click&Show tables or columns in SQL pane and show them in Layout.
- Execute SQL statements individually or as scripts.
- Paginate and order SQL results, after query execution.
- Keep multiple SQL result panes, and refresh query results.
- Explain SQL execution plan.
- Saves SQL scripts working sessions in the project file, which can later be continued.
- Synchronize project schema with another project or database.
- List schema differences.
- Select which differences to keep, either on the local or remote schema.
- Generate Merge SQL scripts based on schema differences.
- Upload differences on to database, with automatic step by step execution.
- Synchronize schemas offline, which empowers teamwork.
Scripts and documentation
- Generates SQL schema creation scripts for any database.
- Document tables, columns, foreign keys, indexes, etc… by adding Comments
- Generates schema specification as an HTML document.
- Print schema Layouts with precise control on actual print size, using Zoom print feature.
- Generates schema Layout image files, in a few formats (PNG [raster] or SVG [vectorial])
- Provides a Database Template System, which allows to create, edit and maintain database templates
- Several Database Templates are already supplied, but new ones can be learned as well, by connecting to the target database.
Operating systems: Windows, Linux, MAC.Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 64 / Windows 10 64
The prices of DbSchema
DbSchema has two versions. They are FREE Version and PAID Version.
- FREE Version: Evaluate 15 days for free, no registration required. The software kit is the same for evaluation and registered users.
- PAID Version: Any of the licenses below will enable all features for all databases, SQL and NoSQL. DbSchema licenses are perpetual and will never expire. All licenses include 1 year free updates to newly developed versions, technical support, and 30 day money-back guarantee. After one year you may get the newly developed features by purchasing a renewal license. There are 3 packages: Academic, Personal and Commercial
– Academic (for educational purposes): $ 63
– Personal (for individual developers, administrators): $127
– Commercial (for companies): $ 197
DbSchema Coupon Code
All in all, Db Schema is built for large schemas and complex databases. Build meaningful relations between tables and document the schema. Discover DbSchema layouts, virtual foreign keys, Relational Data Browse, interactive PDF documentation, and many other features. With the support of Db Schema, you can manage and do your tasks in the best way.