The most common worry for nearly all digital device users is to detect virus in their smartphones and PCs. It means the device has the risk of being compromised and requires a real-time warning and active removal of such malware with a powerful and reliable application. Having a software like this enables you to receive immediate alerts about hidden dangers (virus, trojan, ransomware, etc) trying to attack your PC. Moreover, it preserves all of your sensitive online data like webcam, passwords and banking details at their safest. The software will quickly scan, detect, and fight off suspicious files, ads, and URLs before they even reach your computer. Your online browsing and shopping experience would undoubtedly be more comfortable and safer thanks to one of the best free antivirus software below. Therefore, there is no other reason you can resist not downloading and installing an free antivirus software right on your PC. It can support a variety of OS and digital devices to your advantage.
1. Kaspersky Security Cloud
The Kaspersky Security cloud antivirus service is developed with adaptive technologies to always be aware of the potential risks surrounding your digital device. Its instant warning, alert, and active actions to eliminate computer’s threats work out really well in real-time.
Kaspersky Security Cloud’s features and why it should be your ideal choice for antivirus
- Fights off virus, trojan, ransomware
- Private-public browse with VPN
- Online vault saves 15 passwords
- Get rids of junk and optimize device
Weighing the Pros and Cons of the Kaspersky Security Cloud
- Online map for kids protection
- Adds security to online banking
- Shares security with family members
- Monitors the WiFi system at home
- Only one feature in the free plan
It is obvious that the Kaspersky Security Cloud antivirus software has a lot more to offer than the basic purpose of fighting off viruses. With a single purchase of its Family plan, up to 10 accounts can get full access to the software’s list of advanced functions.
2. Avast Free Antivirus
Have you ever expected to install cloud-light antivirus software on your PC? The Avast Free Antivirus application does not take up much space in your computer drive like other competitors. It effectively detects unwanted threats and enables safeguard for your device as well.
Avast Free Antivirus’s features and why it should be your ideal choice for antivirus
- Analyzes unknown files in a blink
- Blocks popups while gaming
- Behaviour tracking to stop rouging
Weighing the Pros and Cons of the Avast Free Antivirus
- Finds weaknesses in-home WiFi
- Scans suspicious cracks
- Intuitive interface for all users
- No defections discovered so far
Avast has built its antivirus software an all-around solution to remove a wide range of malware types including virus, trojan, spyware, and ransomware. The setup steps are simple to follow, even if you are an inexperienced user in installing such applications on a PC.
3. AVG AntiVirus Free
You will be impressed with the brand new real-time security updates included in the AVG AntiVirus Free. It is able to scan the device’s performance issues and prevent suspicious malware from reaching your PC. The software promises not to slow the computer down in use.
AVG AntiVirus Free’s features and why it should be your ideal choice for antivirus
- Great security of personal files
- Blocks fake sites for safe shopping
- Prevents sneaking via webcam
Weighing the Pros and Cons of the AVG AntiVirus Free
- Avoids unsafe email attachments
- Enhances better firewall layers
- Scans overall PC’s performance
- Supports one device per account
A PC with the AVG AntiVirus Free software installed is absolutely secured enough to block away hackers and potential virus threats. However, even its paid plan is too limited in the number of devices and only Windows OS allowed to log into this antivirus software.
4. Bitefender Antivirus Free Edition
If I were you, I would not be worrying about the download process of the Bitefender Antivirus Free Edition. You can download and install the software on your computer in seconds, and it always performs at a lightning-fast speed to avoid slowing down the device.
Bitefender Antivirus Free Edition’s features and why it should be your ideal choice for antivirus
- Monitors via behavioural detection
- Runs on-access in the background
- Blocks away botnet-related URLs
Weighing the Pros and Cons of the Bitefender Antivirus Free Edition
- Filtering tech to block harmful sites
- Scans and assesses vulnerabilities
- Preserves sensitive banking data
- Cleans up and restores (if needed)
- No support for all Windows versions
It is not common to find an optimal yet inexpensive antivirus software like the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition on the market. This anti-malware app also enables automatic upgrades of the latest security measures and offers free customer support online.
5. Avira Free Antivirus
The last software Avira Free Antivirus is a multi-award winner with its incredible abilities of protection, performance, and repair for different digital devices. All of its users will receive the latest security updates via the cloud and be safely protected in mere minutes.
Avira Free Antivirus’s features and why it should be your ideal choice for antivirus
- Stops online monitoring by companies
- Compares prices on shopping sites
- No hogging in computer’s resources
- Enables a PUA Shield protection
Weighing the Pros and Cons of the Avira Free Antivirus
- Offers protection for all devices
- Requires simple installation steps
- Effectively blocks ads and popups
No defections discovered so far
Until now, I have not seen any other free antivirus software that offers so many wonderful features to eliminate viruses and secure your online privacy like the Avira Free Antivirus. Not only can you protect your Windows PC, but the app also provides iOS mobile security.