Top Free and Paid Backup Software
It can’t be denied that there are various causes of data loss in a computer including human error, virus or malware attack, software corruption, damaged hardware, natural disasters, power failure, theft, etc. To protect your important data and prevent losing data, using the best data backup software and service is the best way. Apart from cloud backup service solutions such as Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive for common use, installing backup software on your computer is a firm way to back up, restore, and clone data as well.
What is Data Backup Software?
Data Backup Software is a piece of software that is capable of copying, saving, and restoring data. To be more specific, a data backup software enables you to safeguard operating systems, data, and applications and gives you the ability to recover data if it is lost, corrupted, infected, or stolen by ransomware, viruses, malware, or other factors.
How does it work?
Data Backup Software is installed on the computer, device, or system to copy and save your data to the local drive, server, data center, or cloud.
What are the best data backup software for computers?
- EaseUS ToDo Backup
- Paragon Backup & Recovery
- AOMEI Backupper Professional
- Ashampoo Backup Pro
- O&O DiskImage
#1. EaseUS ToDo Backup
EaseUS ToDo Backup is well-known as an efficient and safe backup and recovery solution which is integrated with all-in-one protection. It gives you a smart way to back up and restore files, disks, OS, and mails. Aside from backup, it allows you to generate a WinPE bootable disk, create a security zone to prevent important files from malware or ransomware, mount/unmount backup images to extract individual files, etc.
- Backup/recover File, system, Partition, Operating system, and mail
- Make a copy of the OS and transfer it to a different PC
- Create a security zone backup
- Transfer to Local Drive, EaseUS Cloud, NAS, and Cloud storage services like GoogleDrive, DropBox, OneDrive, etc.
- Create emergency disk
- Disable preOS
- Mount/unmount the backup image
- Freely set Backup schedule, Backup filter, and Backup notification
- Featured-rick Backup options
- Simple and smart user interface
- It provides plenty of useful tools
- Better stability and performance
- The price of a business license is pricey
OS: Support Windows 11/10/8/7
Price: $39.95 for a yearly license – 1 computer, $59.95 for perpetual -1 computer, $79.95 for lifetime upgrades -1 computer
#2. AOMEI Backupper Professional
AOMEI Backupper Professional is one of the best-selling backup software for PC at the moment. It is packed with basic features and innovative features of the backup and sync software. With it, you can back up files and folders, disks, systems, and partitions manually and automatically. Apart from backup, it allows you to make an exact copy of files and store them in different locations to protect data, and clone disk, system & partition as well.
- Backup Windows and create an image of the system partition
- Backup hard disks to the image file
- Easily backup files and folders to an image file
- Backup partitions or dynamic volumes to an image file
- Provide multiple modes to better synchronize your files including Basic Sync, Real-time Sync, Mirror Sync, and Two-way Sync
- Clone your system, disk, or partition
- Extra useful tools to manage your system and data efficiently
- The well-designed interface is easy to use, particularly for novice users
- Fast speed of backup and restore
- Plenty of extra tools such as Windows 11 Update Checker Create Bootable Media, Explore Imag, Recovery Environment, Disk Wipe, Notification Settings, Share/NAS Management, View
- Logs, Check Image, Import/Export, Configuration, Create Portable Version.
- Suitable for both home and business use
- Encryption options are not supported
OS: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Price: $49.95 for 1 Lifetime license with Lifetime Upgrades
#3. Paragon Backup & Recovery (Free for home users)
Paragon Backup & Recovery provides free and simple protection to avoid data loss. It stands from the crowds due to non-commercial purposes for personal and fast and efficient backup and recovery mode to store and retrieve data. With a set of features, it enables you to make a copy of the operating systems, applications, user settings, and data. The other impressive functions of the software are differential backup, backup scheduler, complete restore, bootable rescue media, backup capsule, numerous backup media, bootable rescue media, etc.
- Backup files, volumes, and disks to backup destinations like local folders, external drives, or network locations
- Restore data from disks and volumes
- Advanced features and functions included in PARAGON Hard Disk Manager™ for Business (Support Windows server, Partition disks, volumes, Copy disks, Os, Notifications, etc.)
- Intuitive user interface
- Absolutely free for home users
- Cloud storage services are not available
OS: Windows 7 SP1 and newer
Price: Totally free for home users
#4. Ashampoo Backup Pro
Another reliable and easy-to-use backup and restore solution is Ashampoo Backup Pro. It gives you the ability to back up single files to entire partitions to local drives, Removable storage devices, or online storage providers like OneDrive, 1&1 Cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Strato HiDrive (WebDav), Deutsche Telekom Mediencenter, Network-attached storage devices (NAS), etc. It is also capable of restoring your backups and restoring your system in the event of major system failure.
- Backup entire drives, partitions, hard disks, or your whole computer (Image Backup)
- Backup a selection of files, folders, settings, etc.
- Handy backup plan overview
- Detailed information on each backup
- Detailed email reports
- Encryption (256-bit AES)
- Compression (7Zip/LZMA)
- Password protection
- Program wizards
- Task scheduler
- Virtual drive feature (direct file access to backup images)
- And many more
- Support for Windows 11
- Self-explanatory user interface
- Program wizards are available
- Can create images of 2TB+ drives
- Support various cloud services
- Advertisements for other software are included in the form of ‘Our recommendations’.
OS: Windows 11, Windows 10
Price: $49.99 for a lifetime license
#5. O&O DiskImage
O&O DiskImage is able to back up every single file or entire computer. It also supports you in easily and quickly retrieving data with a few mouse clicks if you lose them. It is worth mentioning that the software it is well combined all default and advanced features in one single product. With it, you can back up files and folders, all drivers, the entire computer system, clone drives, or create images of partitions, drives, etc.
- Create an image of partition, drives, or entire computer
- Backup files and folders
- Creates an incremental or differential image
- Start restoration of data from existing image
- Backup of all drives on the computer
- Clone Drive
- Creating a bootable medium
- And other useful features
- Easy to use for anyone
- Create bootable media
- Encrypt your backups
- No backup scheduler
OS: Windows 11, 10, 8.1
Price: $49.95 a lifetime license for 1 PC
We just mentioned a list of top backup software for Windows and Mac OS. They are totally safe, easy to use, and stable. However, each software has its own strengths and weakness. Let’s read and select the software that is suitable for your needs.